Karla Sofía Gascón COLLAPSED when Netflix removed her from the award campaign, even though she was nominated in the ‘Best Actress’ category at the Oscars, and she was also banned… see more:

The Hollywood Reporter previously reported that the embattled best actress Oscar nominee will no longer be flying to L.A. for any of the film’s awards activities this week.

Karla Sofía Gascón is speaking out on her removal from the Emilia Pérez Oscar campaign due to her resurfaced controversial posts on X (formerly Twitter).

The embattled best actress Oscar nominee took to her Instagram on Friday to acknowledge Emilia Pérez director Jacques Audiard‘s recent interview, where he said he has severed ties with Gascón.

“Following Jacques interview that I understand, I decided, for the film, for Jacques, for the cast, for the incredible crew who deserves it, for the beautiful adventure we all had together, to let the work talk for itself, hoping my silence will allow the film to be appreciated for what it is, a beautiful ode to love and difference,” Gascón wrote. “I sincerely apologize to everyone who has been hurt along the way.”

Audiard told Deadline Hollywood earlier this week that he hasn’t “spoken to her, and I don’t want to.” He added, “She is in a self-destructive approach that I can’t interfere in, and I really don’t understand why she’s continuing. Why is she harming herself? Why? I don’t understand it, and what I don’t understand about this, too, is why she’s harming people who were very close to her.”

Gascón, who plays Emilia Pérez in the Oscar-nominated film, has been under fire after years-old offensive social media tweets and commentary she posted on X resurfaced.

Since then, she has repeatedly apologized and tried to defend herself against accusations of racism, antisemitism and xenophobia, including in an hourlong interview with CNN en Español over the weekend. Gascón is the first openly transgender performer to be nominated for an Oscar in an acting category.

However, The Hollywood Reporter previously reported that the actress has been removed from the film’s Oscar campaign in the U.S. and that she will no longer be coming to Los Angeles this week for awards activities. Tensions are said to be high between Gascón and Netflix, which owns Emilia Pérez’s distribution rights in the United States, Canada and the U.K.

Related Posts

SAD NEWS 10 minutes ago in California, Oprah Winfrey was confirmed as…See more

It is with a heavy heart that we bring sad news to Oprah Winfrey’s fans around the world. The beloved media icon, philanthropist, and talk show host has always been…

Read more

SAD NEWS: 30 minutes ago, Erling Haaland was involved in a horr!fic car cr@sh on his way back from training, his family revealed his current condition, shocking fans…

The world of football has beeп shakeп to its core by heartbreakiпg пews iпvolviпg Maпchester City’s sυperstar striker Erliпg Haalaпd. Jυst 30 miпυtes ago, reports coпfirmed that Haalaпd was iпvolved iп a…

Read more

“SHE’S NOT CAITLIN CLARK!” — Ice Cube PUBLICLY TERMINATES Angel Reese as BIG endorsement deals get CANCELED! His BAD explanation leaves everyone STUNNED: “It’s all about MONEY, NOT D.R.A.M.A.” Angel Reese thought she was next in line — until Ice Cube showed up with a $5 million offer…

In a stunning twist that has left the sports world buzzing, music mogul and BIG3 founder Ice Cube has made headlines for his brutally honest comments about WNBA star Angel Reese — and the…

Read more

SAD NEWS: Kevin Durant’s father, Wayne Pratt, was unfortunately involved in an accident when his plane crashed, leaving KD’s family…

The NBA community has been shaken to its core after devastating reports confirmed that Wayne Pratt, the father of superstar Kevin Durant, was involved in a tragic plane crash. The…

Read more

A crazy car crashed straight into the car of Man United goalkeeper Onana when this player was on his way home after the latest defeat, when the police arrived, he was informed that …

Manchester United fans were left stunned late last night after shocking reports emerged involving goalkeeper André Onana. Just hours after United’s latest disappointing defeat, the 28-year-old shot-stopper was involved in…

Read more

Amber Rose and Kanye West Trade Explosive Shots on Twitter – Patrice Purple

🚨🚨🚨BREAKING NEWS🚨🚨🚨 Amber Rose and Kanye West went on to attack each other last night on Twitter. Amber Ross tweeted and said “I’m not going to lie after all these…

Read more

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *